Company > Schedule
(Resources and Projects modules only)
User-specific schedules | Multiple company schedules
Create a work schedule for your company that will allow you to better track your resource availability for projects. The "Company work schedule" dialog allows you to enter the days of the week and the number of hours per day per week that reflect your company’s typical work week. You can also create exceptions to the typical work week, such as holidays.
User-specific schedules If different users in the company have different schedules, you can override the company schedule with a user-specific schedule. You can enter individual user-based exceptions to the work schedule by going to Account > Users > User ID > Schedule.
Multiple company schedules If your company has multiple schedules (for example for groups of workers in different countries), you can create multiple company schedules.
To enter (or modify) your company's work schedule:
1. In the My Account module, click on the "Company" tab, and then on the "Schedule" sub-tab.
2. In the "Company work schedule" dialog, check off the appropriate days of the week (the default is Monday through Friday), and enter the number of hours worked in a day (the default is 8 hours).
3. Enter the exceptions to your company's typical work week in the "Exceptions to work schedule" drop-downs. You must provide a description of the exception (mandatory), a start date for the exception (for example, the 2001 Christmas holiday would show the start date as 12/25/01), and the number of hours your employees are expected to work during the exception period (for example, for a full-day holiday exception, you would enter "0" hours, because you would not expect your employees to log any time at all during that period).
4. You can enter as many exceptions to your company's typical work schedule as you need (use the "add" drop-down at the bottom of the Exceptions table to add more rows as needed). You can also associate your exceptions with available Time types, such as "vacation," by using the "Reason (time type)" drop-downs.
5. When you have finished making your entries or changes, click on the "Save" button.