Seeking experienced Software Engineer to work as part of Thin Client/Integration team to design and develop applications used by OpenAir customers and internal staff for various operating systems including Windows, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and Palm OS, Linux. Very broad range of projects - you will not be doing one narrow thing, but in fact will be covering a broad base of technologies through the full life cycle!
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science or comparable business experience.
- 3-5 years experience developing and implementing business applications in a fast-paced data centric environment
- Solid knowledge and experience with C++, VC++/MFC, Java, object-oriented software design, J2ME, Perl, XML, ODBC, MS Access, MySQL, .NET.,
- Must be comfortable working with Windows, Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience working with Mobile Devices, good understanding of mobile application limitations and user interface differences.
- Experience with web technologies, data integration
- Ability to work remotely as a self-directed, self-motivated individual contributor, and as a team member with limited supervision and good time management skills
- Strong desire to master and apply new technologies to solve business problems
- Strong QA skills to test your own code
Work in the OA development environment which is defined by ASP deployment, a rapid release cycle and based on the "Extreme Programming" software development discipline combined with the OA operating principle of customer service orientation. This environment mandates that bug fixes impacting clients take precedence over both quick on-demand enhancements and longer term "planned" development initiatives. It also means that quick on-demand enhancements often take precedence over previously planned initiatives. Plan to be utilized in all aspects of development including design, implementation, actual release, deployment and bug fixing.
- Professional Services Automation industry knowledge
- Experience in Web Services / XML
Essential Job Functions, Approximate Breakdown
Technical Leadership: 5% of job
Act as a technical lead on a variety of projects to drive requirements all the way through to implementation.
Requirements definition: 5% of job
Help users flesh out business requirements to the point where they can be translated into usable technical specifications.
Solution Design/Development: 35% of job
Design, develop and test technical high quality solutions that promote code reusability, maintainability, and build features/enhancements in such a way that benefit from a single request can be shared by as large a portion of the client base as possible.
Communication: 10% of job
Provide timely, accurate, and professional verbal and non-verbal communication to your manager and all staff of OpenAir. Communication is key in remote environment.
Production Support: 35% of job
Respond in a timely manner to technical, application specific, and application workflow related issues. Assist support staff in diagnosing and resolving customer issues as quickly as possible. Always place production support related issues as a higher priority than other work.
Documentation: 10% of job
Provide timely, accurate, and professional documentation that details technical solutions and changes applied to the OpenAir application and supporting software tools. Assist support staff in creating and reviewing documentation required for support purposes.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to
OpenAir, Inc. is a Boston-based Software-as-a-Service company. We develop sophisticated software that enables professional services companies to run their businesses. Our clients include leading consulting and software companies. Profitable and growing rapidly, OpenAir offers an ideal setting to directly contribute to the success of the company and develop software business and sales skills. OpenAir, Inc. was recently named to the ASP News Top 25 and was #15 on Deloitte Fastest 50 in Boston.