Summary | Detail | Advanced | Drill Down
Saved | Options | Layout
Reports give you a summary of your OpenAir.com account activities.
1. Click on the "Reports" tab.
2. Click on the appropriate sub-tab for the kind of reports you want to run: "Summary," "Detail," "Advanced," or "Drill Down."
3. Click on the appropriate links within "Summary," "Detail," or "Advanced" to run module-specific reports, or account-wide reports in "Detail."
Use the Summary Report feature to view totals over designated time periods. You select the items to be totaled in the report as well as the time period. For more detail on summary reports, see Reports > Summary Reports.
3. Specify the report criteria you require in the "[...] report options" dialog for detail reports by clicking on the "Edit" and "Create [filter]" buttons. You can also filter reports by any custom fields you may have created.
*Note: The "Report > Options" sub-tab gives you various global options that affect all reports across the application. Check the "Exclude inactive records" box to exclude all any inactive records. Other global options include the ability to set the day of the week on which weekly or bi-weekly time periods will start, the ability to use the starting date or ending date of time periods in the column titles of reports where relevant, and how to display and download data that is not applicable.
*Note: You have the option to save a report so you can run the same report over again. When you are setting up a report, check the "Save this report as..." check box, and enter a name for the report. The next time you want to run the report, go to the "Saved reports" tab, and click on the "run" icon for that report. You can also edit, delete, download, and share saved reports. For more information on saved reports, see Reports > Saved Reports.
4. Click on the "Run the report" button. (Click on the "Save the report" button to save the report for later use without running it now.)
5. Your report will appear as a spreadsheet.
These reports are pre-defined within the appropriate module. Simply click on the relevant link and the report will be generated. Current module-specific reports include:
Opportunities: Deal Pipeline, Estimate Analysis, Revenue Forecast
Resources: Percent Booked Utilization, Percent Booking Availability, Historical Utilization, Realization, Assigned Utilization Chart, Resource Profile Updates
Projects: Planned vs. actual hours, Overbudget/late tasks, User tasks, Financial analysis, Pricing analysis
Timesheets: Missing timesheets, Timesheet status
Invoices: Accounts receivable, Client statements, Retainer balances, Income received, Project budgets ($), Project budgets (time)
Drill-down reports allow you to report on your users and projects based on the hierarchies you have set up for them.
To run a drill-down report:
1. Click on the "Reports" tab.
2. Click on the "Drill Down" sub-tab.
3. In step 1, select the hierarchy you want to use for the report, and the hierarchy level at which you want to see your data. Click "Next."
4. In step 2, select the time period for the report. Click "Next." In the "Application" section, select the type of information on which you want to report (Timesheets, Expenses, or Invoices)
5. In step 3, select the values on which to report. These options will vary depending on the "application" you selected in step 2. Select filtering and color coding options.
6. Click on "Run."
Note: Click on the name of a node in the report to see the data for its child nodes.
Note: For detailed information on the variety of options used to set up reports, see Reports > Summary Reports.
To change the appearance of report layouts, click on the "Report layout" edit button in Detail report dialogs; Summary report dialogs include layout options, and Advanced reports have pre-defined parameters.